www.Bubo.AI (“the Website”) is owned and operated by Bubo AI Ltd. This policy explains how Bubo AI Ltd may use information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy carefully; by accessing the Website you confirm you have understood and agreed to it.
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you:
• visit the Website, and other sites accessible from the Website
• register with and buy products or services on the Website
• take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires
• contact us e.g. in writing, call customer services
Using your information
Collecting your personal information helps Bubo AI Ltd to better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
• manage and improve the Website
• personalise our services to you
• process your quote requests
• tell you about important changes to the Website and our services
• understand your browsing behaviour to develop and improve our products and services
• manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires
• check and verify your identity and prevent or detect crime. In performing checks your information may be disclosed to credit reference agencies, who may keep a record of that information. This is not a credit check and your credit rating will be unaffected.
Your personal information is safe with us and will never be released to companies outside Bubo AI Ltd for their marketing purposes.
Marketing and research
If you agree, we may contact you:
• with offers and information about Bubo AI Ltd products or services
• with offers and information about partners’ products or services
• for customer research e.g. to help improve our services
Of course, the choice is entirely yours, but if you say you do not want to receive marketing
information from us this will prevent you from receiving offers or promotions that may be of interest to you.
From time to time, we may contact you to ask your opinion. Again, if you do not want to be contacted for this purpose, please let us know.
In order to comply with new rules, we use a system of classifying the different types of cookies which we use on the Website, or which may be dropped by third parties through our websites. The classification was developed by the International Chamber of Commerce UK and explains more about which cookies we use, why we use them, and the functionality you will lose if you decide you don’t want to have them on your device. Please be reassured that we are working on other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the Website.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
• Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
• Session cookies – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies used on the Website
A list of all the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below.
• Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
• Performance cookies – These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
• Functionality cookies – These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
• Targeting or advertising cookies – These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Behavioural advertising and online privacy
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu. The guide contains an explanation of the IAB’s self-regulatory scheme to allow you greater control of the advertising you see.
Using browser settings to manage cookies
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside Bubo AI Ltd except where we have your consent; where we are required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to us; or any successors in title to our business.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
The Website may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. The operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their policy, which may differ from ours.
Accessing your information
To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, write to:
Data Protection Officer
Bubo AI Ltd
This may incur a fee. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we will amend them.
Changes to our policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of May 2020. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.
If you have any queries, please contact us
Privacy Statement-Intended for US Audiences Only
Bubo AI Limited is committed to being transparent about the ways in which we collect and process your information. This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes our practices for handling the information we collect about you through our operations and services that include an authorized link to or reference to this Privacy Statement (“Services”). The Services include our websites and mobile apps that link to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement applies to United States audiences only.
When this policy refers to ourselves as “we,” “our”, or “Bubo AI Limited US,” it means Bubo AI Limited and all of its affiliate companies located in the United States.
- Information We Collect
Depending on your relationship to Bubo AI Limited, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, contact information, and online identifiers.
• Professional information and educational information, such as information about your medical specialty.
• Demographic information, such as gender and marital status.
• Medical, health, and biometric information, such as medical condition and biological characteristics.
• Internet and electronic network activity information, such as your IP address and information about your
interaction with our online Services.
• Geolocation information.
• Audio, electronic, and visual information, such as identifiable photographs and video.
• Correspondence you send to us.
- How Do We Collect Information?
- We collect information directly from you, such as when you provide information to our Services, whether electronically, by calling us, through other means, or when you authorize others to provide it to us.
• We collect information about you through tracking tools and when we observe other information about you. See “Cookies and Similar Technologies” for more information.
• Third parties may also share information about you with us. For example, our research partners and other partners may give us information. We may receive information from commercial sources such as companies that maintain information about health care providers and their specialties.
• We may aggregate or de-identify the information described above. Aggregated or de-identified data is not subject to this Privacy Statement.
- How We Use Information
We use and otherwise process each of the categories of information identified above for the following business purposes:
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This includes contacting you regarding such products and Services, such as to communicate information on the proper use of our products, and to provide, collect, review, and communicate information on the quality, safety, or effectiveness of our products.
- To operate our business. We also may use your information to administer our services, including vendor management, troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, and statistical and survey activities.
- For research and development of our products, including scientific, business, and market research.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or Services that are similar to those you have enquired about or may otherwise be of interest to you, or to send you promotional materials from us or by our affiliates and trusted business partners.
- To improve our Services, and to ensure that content is presented in the most relevant and effective matter for you and for your devices.
- To keep our Services, business and users safe and secure, and to protect the rights and Services of others.
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, and to protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. This includes using your information to comply with regulatory requirements relating to the safety and efficacy of our products.
- How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share the personal information we collect with certain third parties.
- Regulatory requirements. We may use your information in submitting reports or other materials to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. We may also use information you provide regarding your experience with any of our products to contact your healthcare professional regarding an unexpected event involving the use of any of our products.
- Research purposes. We may share your information in connection with research and development, and in ensuring and promoting the safety and efficacy of our products.
- Other third parties. We share your information with various service providers, contractors, agents, or partners in connection with business services they are providing with or on behalf of Bubo AI Limited US. Examples of such third parties include individuals and companies that develop, host or maintain our websites, or online resources, or those that provide customer service support activities. We also may share your information with third parties with whom Bubo AI Limited US is jointly marketing a product or service or jointly conducting a program or activity.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates.
- Business transfers. We may share personal information in connection with a transaction involving all or part of our assets. For example, if all or part of Bubo AI Limited is sold or merged into another entity, the information we have about you may be transferred to a third party as part of that transaction. We may also share your information in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order), law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries. We may disclose information to protect and defend our rights or property, and to address security situations or emergencies when safety is at risk.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
The following types of cookies are used on our Services:
- Cookies. Cookies enable us to recognize when a computer being used to browse our website has previously visited an Bubo AI Limited US website. Cookies can also be used to enable a website to ‘remember’ the information a visitor has previously inputted, should that visitor so choose. Cookies may be placed on your computer both by us and by third parties with whom we have a relationship, such as web analytic services and advertising network services. For example, we use Google Analytics, and other analytical/performance cookies to help improve the way our website works.
- Web beacons. On certain web pages or in e-mails we send to you, we may utilize a technology called a “web beacon” (also known as an “action tag” or “clear GIF technology”). We may use web beacons, for example, to help determine which email messages sent by us were opened and whether a message was acted upon. Web beacons also help analyze the effectiveness of websites by measuring, for example, the number of visitors to a website or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a website.
- Social media plugins. The Services may use social plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button) to enable you to post or easily share information with others. When you visit our website, the operator of the social plugin may be able to place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our website. If you are logged into the associated social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, discussion boards, blogs, wikis,) while browsing on our website, the social plugin allows that social media website to receive information that you have visited our website. The social plugin may also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. For more information about the information shared via a particular social media plugin, you should refer to that social media site’s privacy statement.
- Other technologies. There are other local storage and Internet technologies, such as local shared objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, that operate similarly to the cookies discussed above. We also may collect mobile advertising IDs and similar device identifiers to collect your information.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Some browsers have options that allow the visitor to control whether the browser will accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify the visitor each time a cookie is sent. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of tracking technologies, such as local shared objects. For example, local shared objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you and any differences in service are related to the data. Deleting cookies may in some cases cancel the opt out selection in your browser.
Due to differences between websites and mobile apps, you may need to take additional steps to opt out of interest based advertising for mobile applications. Please check your device settings and mobile app permissions for additional information on how to opt out. You also may stop further data collection from a mobile application by removing it from your mobile device.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to Bubo AI Limited US about how or whether Bubo AI Limited US or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, Bubo AI Limited US does not respond to such signals.
- Your Rights and Choices
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights under applicable laws, including
- The right to access your personal information; and
• The right request the deletion of certain personal information.
If you would like to access or delete your information, or otherwise exercise your rights, please contact us as set out in the Contact Us section below. We will respond in a manner that is appropriate in light of relevant laws. For example, we cannot provide you access to your personal information if we cannot verify your identity, and we may request further information from you to verify your request, such as, where necessary, copies of government-issued identification.
- Rights of California Residents.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, except where required or permitted by law. If you would like to use an authorized agent to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
You also may have the right to be informed as to the categories of personal information that we have collected and shared or otherwise made accessible to third parties during the preceding 12 months. We provide that information through the other sections of this Privacy Statement. We share your information as described in this Privacy Statement, but we do not, and will not without consent, sell your information to third parties for money or other similar types of consideration.
In addition to other rights California residents may have under state law, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as set out in the Contact Us section below. Be sure to include your name and address; you can include your email address if you want to receive a response by email. Otherwise, we will respond by postal mail within the time required by law.
- Transfer of Information Across International Boundaries
This Service is owned and operated by Bubo AI Limited US, but the information you provide may be accessible by, collected by or transferred to our affiliates and subsidiaries, vendors and suppliers in other countries. Furthermore, this Privacy Statement addresses only information that is or may be collected on our US Services, which are not intended to be used by non-US residents, or information otherwise collected in the United States. If you are using this Service from a country other than the United States, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By using this Service, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your information in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations.
- Job Applicants and Contractors
If you have applied for employment or a contract position with Bubo AI Limited, the information submitted in your job application and that we otherwise collect in evaluating your application will be used for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes including any required government reporting and recordkeeping obligations. This information may include criminal record information and federal exclusion list status, as applicable.
We do not knowingly collect or sell any information from children, as defined by applicable law, without parental consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- Data Security
We take reasonable steps to protect your information from unauthorized access. You should keep in mind, however, that no internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from a website or online resource may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Moreover, where you use user IDs and passwords to access the Services, it is your responsibility to safeguard your access credentials. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
- Links to Other Websites
While our Services may provide links to other third-party websites as a service to our visitors, we do not endorse, nor are we responsible for the content of such third-party sites. Furthermore, this Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites, even if they are accessed through a link from an Bubo AI Limited US website or online resource or otherwise directed to by one of our Services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website before providing any personal information.
- Contact Information
Questions about this Privacy Statement may be directed to: Bubo AI Limited Privacy @Bubo AI Limited.com or you can write to us at:
Bubo AI Limited
3 Startforth Road,
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement at our discretion. When changes are made to this Privacy Statement, we will post the updated policy and the date the last revisions were made. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the most current Privacy Statement.